To make a referral into the service please follow the link here – please use this link if you are a school that has purchased either a cluster subscription or ad-hoc hours. To purchase our service, please visit the Norfolk SLA website here (you’ll need to be logged in to see available packages).
Our service offering/agreement can be viewed here.
The aims of the service are:
- Improve outcomes for children with SEND whilst supporting personal development, behaviour and welfare
- To offer relevant and practical support to schools
- To empower the referring school to support all pupils within their setting
- To develop effective, sustainable practice with positive observable outcomes
- Promote capacity for inclusion across Norfolk
- Intervention and support early into a child’s education to ensure successful transition into secondary phase education
Provision may include:
- Support in connection with a specific child or a wider whole school issue
- Observations and recommendations in relation to pupils’ learning environments, curriculum or resources
- Developing skills , knowledge and confidence
- Training for key staff at the referring school
- Modelling strategies and approaches to meet individual need
- Visits to assigned Complex Needs School to see strategies in action
- Signpost to other relevant services and organisations
- Lesson modelling at your school
- Support in writing and evaluating IEPs
- Support at certain school meetings including Annual Reviews, FSP meetings and transition meetings
- Differentiated curriculum ideas
- Support in setting up intervention groups
- Soft-touch support such as phone and email support
- Sharing ideas around assessment (P Scales, B Squared, Learning Journals etc)
This is not an exhaustive list and can be altered to meet your needs. For service teams/departments purchasing our service, provision will be designed in accordance with key performance indicators.
What we are not:
Although we want to ensure we help children succeed, there are several areas that School 2 School support is unable to support:
- Recommendations regarding a pupil’s school placement
- A quicker route into a Special Needs School
- Statutory assessments on behalf of the Local Authority
- Diagnoses for suspected special educational needs
- 1 to 1 support sessions for a specific pupil
You can view an online report summarising customer feedback here (enter date range and ‘Run Report’).